A Beginners Guide To Vape Kits
What are Vape Kits?
Vape kits offer an all-in-one solution for both novice and practiced vapers who want to create a kit from scratch, or to simply upgrade their current set-up with a new coil, tank, or drip tip. It’s handy to know that vape kits are all designed differently to help people find their perfect setup - for example, some vape kits are more suited for creating larger vapour clouds, while others deliver more intense flavour. To provide our customers with the ultimate vaping experience, we stock only the best vape kits from several reputable brands, such as VooPoo, Uwell, SMOK, Aspire, and more.
The Anatomy of a Vape Kit
All vape kits contain all the necessary components, including a battery unit, a vape tank or vape pod, and a charging cable. However, more advanced kits may require you to purchase a battery and charger separately.
What are Open and Closed Vape Kits?
Closed vape kits contain pre-filled cartridges while open vape kits have refillable pods which allow you to add your own preferred strength and flavour of e-liquid. The other key distinctive features between the two are that closed vape kits are often smaller and lower in battery life, but require less maintenance than open vape kits.
What is Mouth to Lung (MTL) and Direct to Lung (DTL) Vaping?
If you’ve been doing your research about vaping, you’ll have most likely come across the terms Mouth to Lung (MTL) and Direct to Lung (DTL) vaping. These are the two methods of inhaling e-liquid vapour that are largely dependent on the type of equipment, level of wattage, and coil that you choose. If your coil’s resistance range is less than 1.0 Ohm, this is known as a sub ohm or direct to lung coil, while vaping above 1.0 Ohm is referred to as a mouth to lung coil.
Let’s breakdown each inhalation method with a few helpful points you should know:
Mouth To Lung (MTL)
- The mouth to lung inhalation method is often found in many lower powered devices, and is the most popular choice among beginner vapers.
- Similar to smoking a cigarette, Mouth To Lung vaping involves slowly drawing vapour into the mouth before pausing and inhaling it into the lungs.
- As a lower electrical charge is needed to fire high resistance coils, MTL inhaling is widely known to preserve battery life and even boost the taste of e-liquid flavours.
- MTL vaping provides a stronger nicotine hit and is compatible with nicotine strengths up to 20mg.
- For the best experience with MTL inhalation, ensure to vape e-liquids which contain 50% PG (propylene glycol) or higher in concentration.
- Smaller and cooler cloud production than DTL.
Direct to Lung (DTL)
- Best suited for intermediate to expert vapers, the direct to lung method is found in higher powered devices.
- Direct to Lung vaping is similar to using a Shisha pipe, and involves inhaling vapour directly into the lungs with one 3-5 second long draw.
- As DTL vaping devices have increased power and a higher electrical charge than MTL devices, it’s advised to use e-liquids which contain less than 6mg nicotine to avoid vaporising an undesirable high percentage.
- It’s recommended to vape e-liquids with a VG (vegetable glycerine) consistency of 60% or above to avoid harshness on the throat.
- Larger and warmer cloud production than MTL.
What are Vape Starter Kits?
As their name suggests, starter kits are an ideal choice for people who are completely new to the vaping scene. They’re also widely used as a satisfying alternative to beat smoking habits. With no previous experience or knowledge of vaping required, our vast selection of beginner-friendly starter vape kits stay true to their name.
What are the Types of Vape Kits?
What are Pod Style Vape Kits?Lightweight pod style vape kits which offer portable mouth to lung vaping for all experience levels. When purchased with pre-filled pods, pod style kits are most notably designed to replicate conventional smoking due to their high level of nicotine or nic salts. With a refillable pod, you’ll have the freedom to choose and experiment with e-liquid flavours, with and without nicotine, to find a new favourite.
What are Pen Style Vape Kits?Our array of pen style vape kits are ultra portable, ultra discreet, and ultra easy to use. Offering mouth to lung vaping, pen style kits feature a built-in battery, open system tank to refill e-liquids, and a single button interface for both turning the device on and firing the vape. They also offer multiple customisable features to fine tune your vaping experience, including adjustable airflow and variable power.
What are Sub Ohm Vape Kits?At the top of the power range are sub ohm vape kits, which are often the favoured choice among more advanced vapers of the world. Offering high performance direct to lung vaping with large vapour production, Sub Ohm kits provide users with the option to switch up wattage, voltage, temperature control, and airflow for bespoke vaping sessions. Much like pen and pod style kits, Sub Ohm vape kits are also refillable.
What are the best vape kits for beginners?
While this can be subjective to your own vaping style and needs, it’s generally advised for beginners to purchase a starter kit that’s small, compact, and low in power output, such as a Mouth to Lung pod systems. This way, you can test lower intensity vaping before moving onto kits with greater vapour production, such as higher wattage sub-ohm kits. If you are new to vaping and need help choosing your first starter vape kit then read our best starter vape kits guide.